Also a History of Philosophy
Volume 1: The Project of a Genealogy of Postmetaphysical Thinking
by Jürgen Habermas
This is the first of the three volumes of Jürgen Habermas' book on the history of philosophy - "Auch eine Geschichte der Philosophie" (Suhrkamp, 2019). Translated by Ciaran Cronin.
Part I. On the Question of a Genealogy of Postmetaphysical Thinking
1. Crisis Scenarios and Narratives of Decline in Major Twentieth-Century Philosophical Theories
2. Religion as a "Contemporary" Formation of Objective Mind?
3. The Occidental Path of Development and the Claim to Universality of Postmetaphysical Thinking
4. Basic Assumptions of the Theory of Society and Programmatic Outlook
Part II. The Sacred Roots of the Axial Age Traditions
1. Cognitive Breakthrough and Preservation of the Sacred Core
2. Myth and Ritual Practices
3. The Meaning of the Sacred
4. The Path to the Axial Age Transformation of Religious Consciousness
Part III. A Provisional Comparison of the Axial Age World Views
1. The Moralization of the Sacred and the Break with Mythical Thought
2. The Repudiation of "Paganism" by Jewish Monotheism
3. The Buddha’s Teaching and Practice
4. Confucianism and Taoism
5. From the Greek "Natural Philosophers" to Socrates
6. Plato’s Theory of Ideas – in Comparison
First Intermediate Reflection: The Conceptual Trajectories of the Axial Age
See my bibliography on Jürgen Habermas' book (Reviews, articles, book chapters and books in German, English, French, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish).
The table of contents of volume 2 og 3 here.